1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: well a little trek in
and we arrived at 630 after a run around not being able to find it and
went the wrong way from kamloops we went east to chase
and didnt realize it was west so we ended up in chase ::) cause i didnt know how to use a map :(
so we get to the duffy region area at 730 get up lots of fish jumpin big ones too, no takes on chronnies,tried green chrome, just not interested, heard they jumped till midnight, next morning had a reasonable sleep and left for the lake at 5am, had my gloves on
trolled the entire darn lake, with everything from front to back and no takers 2 hits on bottom insects, tried a full sink no takers :-\
so i got up into a hatch with nice size 18 chronnies they were cruisin the shallows, it was neat seeing them below me as i was tryin to catch em, but no success so i tried a damsel on the way back full float no takers
got discouraged packed up and left for our trip back to vancouuver, took the forestry roads, was a long trek back to logan lake from there,
got lost a few times, checked out dominic they were cuttin trees seen little 6" risers way out, seen sum other lakes,back to logan, checked out surrey lake and met up with 2 fellows that camped next to us at leighton, they pulled out a nice 2lber 2 hrs before we got there trollin, on the way after that we went to see paska & then ended up leavin back to the #5
made our trek back to the kane valley checkin out boss, tahla, davis, & shea, all quiet miday didnt put in a line just seen the area
few tubers few boats, no fish, quite hot with no fun in the sun :confused:

got on our way back to the mainland talked my friend into going to check out mill with arriving lots of people few fisherman humidity was quite warm tossed in a shrimp and a leech no takers on ther leech, had 2 strikes on the shrimp none landed, made our way home from our 3 day trip with none in the cooler and hope to check out the caribou region in a few weeks if it isnt already done.
tight lines boys

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
for such a plentiful catching time of the year you two should have gotten into some fish

next time try more than one kind of chronnies also vary depths and sizes as when we were at Leighton we got our best fish at 14feet down in 40feet of water and it was a chrome brown colour that was hitting most of them

you always have to try LOTS of different things and in different areas and different depths to find where the fish are sitting

maybe get some more info before you head up next time

HOOK

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess it was quite frustrating i did very well 10 yrs ago on a measly olive # 12 chronnie and this time i got skunked it was really not fun
but its ok i leanred the hard way. pays off not to know whats goin on, its ok we all need to read haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts