BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curiouse on what's the earliest anyone has hooked and landed coho in the vedder\chilliwack there must be a few trickling in anytime now right? Ck

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Usually they start to trickle in around now, then the bulk when the river rises. Many people find it frustrating early in the season however, particularly if the water is low and clear and it doesn't "seem" like there are any fish around.

My earliest is the monday of the 3rd week of august, and also quite a while ago.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Low light conditions would probably be best say first light and just befor dark? Spinners huh? On what kind of rod? Oh golly gee coho season is almost here finally! CK

· Registered
876 Posts
Ortho sould we believe you lol :happy: If you did was it hatch or wild ??? Gonna start hitting the water hard this next week with the massive blue kitimats :thumbup:

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Just to clarify...The earliest coho I have caught in the Vedder was just below the Highway # 1 bridge on August 19, 2000. Caught it on a #3 "JacMac" spinner with silver blade....sorry, boys & girls, no pictures of the sleek little 8 lb. doe.......Catching coho in August, to me, is like catching chrome chum in February...Not unheard of, but rare. ........Ortho 8)

· Banned
2,854 Posts
wish i lived closer and then i would have caught some early ho's unfortunately I normally dont go back to the Vedder until September. my earliest one and also on the fly (got 2this day) was beginning of September closer to the second week i believe though.

· Registered
917 Posts
fishortho said:
Just to clarify...The earliest coho I have caught in the Vedder was just below the Highway # 1 bridge on August 19, 2000. Caught it on a #3 "JacMac" spinner with silver blade....sorry, boys & girls, no pictures of the sleek little 8 lb. doe.......Catching coho in August, to me, is like catching chrome chum in February...Not unheard of, but rare. ........Ortho 8)
Nice Robert! The earliest coho for me on the Vedder was this one...

This little guy was hooked on a x-mas tree pattern on Sept 16, 2005. Also released a 10+ lb chrome spring about 20 minutes before this photo was taken. I remember that there were lots of pinks and spring jacks too! Gotta admit though - never got a coho in August on the Vedder! Up for giving out any lessons with the gear ortho? ;)

· Registered
787 Posts
Salmonator said:
According to the local fishing shop ( Hub Sports) there are a couple of coho in the hatchery and they swear that a couple of fisherman have caught some already. ;D
GONG !!!! GONG !!!! GONG !!!! Let the swarms of people begin !!!! And yes the vedder is blown people !!! :wallbash:

· Registered
455 Posts
FishFreak said:
Salmonator said:
According to the local fishing shop ( Hub Sports) there are a couple of coho in the hatchery and they swear that a couple of fisherman have caught some already. ;D
GONG !!!! GONG !!!! GONG !!!! Let the swarms of people begin !!!! And yes the vedder is blown people !!! :wallbash:
You know by mid Sept. It will be crawling full of them anyways.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.