BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks, I am planning a trip up 99 from vancouver friday morning until sunday.. i am not sure of my destination.. i was hoping i could get some advice on lakes/rivers to try for trout, say between here and pemberton area?? i have fly gear and spincast.. but i am restricted to shore fishing and also only driving a rental car.. no 4x4! any tips would be greatly appreciated..thanks eh!

·
Registered
31 Posts
there should be some fishing in the squamish and tributaries as some of the steelies there are in the april run.. unless im mistaken... that counts as trout right ? ;).. other than that lakes such as alice or edith or some others around the alice trails would produce on the ice off but looking at the temps i think its still a bit early for those lakes.. you can always stop by though take a look at alice and if not hit up the rivers... other than than guys like hotrod would prolly give you a better input.. he seems to know that area pretty well!
cheers

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Your best bet will probably be to hit the Squamish and it's tribs if you are fly fishing and restricted to a truck! More specifically the upper Squamish and the Cheakamus! I haven't heard of any of the local lakes are lighting up and the Birkenhead is just not a good bet right now.If I was you I would take the latter! Hope this helps!

Hotrod

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have been up and down from Whistler a number of times in the past 3 weeks. Ice is slowly starting to receed on some of the lakes up past Squamish, but it may still be a bit early to get up much further than Squamish area.

I would venture as you pass WHistler towards Pemberton you will see much of what is between Squamish and WHistler. You may have to stay lower down in elevation.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Just a quick note for anyone heading up towards Whistler/Pemberton. In the last week the ice has really moved off the lakes quickly right up to Whistler and that general elevation. Was up this weekend and payed close attention to the different lakes and things are pretty close to wide open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts