BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
that looks like a pretty basic pattern for hoppers :thumbup: however i had already seen it posted by someone on our sister site LOL

gotta get my foam tying skills up before trying it though. I have never tied with foam or rubber (besides rubber legs) and using Epoxy

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tying with foam is easy and a great way to make some of your favorite dry flies float nicely. I will add foam under the body of my dry flies which will eliminate the use of floatant.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Damn that's is an easy pattern...I HATE tying hoopers but that looks like it would be a breeze!!!

Foam is fast becoming one of my favorite tying materials...Especially if your skating um!!! Even my largest deer hair's will go under on the swing after a few casts...the foam rides up nicely on the faster water and with a riffle hitch dances really nicely...Sometimes..in strong sunlight...the big boys are hanging under that water. It's become my go to fly for almost all my dryfly river fishing situations and I'm starting to use it for my stillwater smaller fly's now too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.