BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't gone surfing the ebay fishing site in awhile but the past two times when I have gone to see what is selling in Islander, Bauer and Sage Fly reels all that is posted for sale is from tackle shops. Where are the private auctions?
Am I missing something in the process? Has the site changed and I haven't kept up to it?

What are your insights or wisdom on this matter? Thanks Rod

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm an avid eBay user and look at the site 2-3 times/day. There have been some changes in the past month or so, but nothing that would preclude items from your searches (most of it was behind the scenes in the way bids are listed and how they're sniped).

I did a search for the brands you listed and didn't find anything from a private auctioneer so maybe there just aren't any listings available. Those are very well known brands with quality products, so people are holding on to the items, instead of getting rid of the cheap stuff they don't like (like AA vises for $0.99, etc)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, i've been looking at the same and noticed it too, which isn't always a bad thing..the islanders are going for about a hundred less in the u.s. then retail up north...Reaction is giving a sweet deal on the hardy marksman if your looking for a clicker pawl set up...ended up getting one of those my my 2wt. :drunk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.