BC Fishing Reports banner

Edith Lake

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Steelies-nitemare 
#1 ·
was told before I left to edmonton for the weekend that off the 1st and 2nd boat launch up at edith, about 30 feet out and a foot or so off bottom, they are slaying the 5-10lb bows outa there, the guys on the far side off the rocks seemed to be pullin them out pretty good. Massive amount of shrimp in there, went off shore (no belly boat) in my chest waders a whole...5 feet before it was almost up to my pits, when I came out...my waders we just covered in shrimp...so many...that it was gross..., couldn't see my feet, literally. but yeah...good fishing up in knutsford.

#5 ·
moody?

your not kidding....was up there today for a few hours...not even a nibble....so headed down goose lake road and up to walloper ....cause i've never been skunked there yet.........got one 20 inches....thats a HUGE Walloper fish...one of the real lunkers in the lake......or so i've seen anyways...

Anyone know of any good Fly fishing lakes......from Shore.....can't double haul yet, I need atleast 30 feet behing me in order to actually get the hook into the water and out of the trees. something simple cause i'm new.... Will be with the wife n kids....and they don't fly fish yet, so lots of room would be great. Any Suggestions? Please?

#7 ·
roche

I've been to roche once. rented a boat, caught nothing. but a big storm with hail and lightning almost caught us. The only problem with me going to lakes is, there has to be a good spot from shore for four people...and ample room for me with the fly rod. No boat yet...it sucks....Roche did seem nice tho, but didn't get to check out any of the other lakes around there due to the weather.

#8 ·
Talk about a moody lake....everytime i've been there with FF it has been awsome fishing....and evertime i've ventured up on my own, SKUNKED! :cry: Still waiting for my 10 # rainbow though....maybe we'll have to try a different secret lake this year FF. You know the one i'm talking about. :wink: FOr edith try large dragons or damsels...seemed to be the favorite when the fish were being more friendly. :wink: oh and of course leeches!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.