· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading up to Sqamish camp ground at mile37 where it meets the elaho
anyone know how the fishing is up there right now
thinking of taking the small fly rod :confused:

· Registered
736 Posts
I was up at mile 37 this weekend.... didn't get anything, mind you a didn't fish that far up, went for a drive after getting skunked down river!! ;D But I gotta say, that water looked good and I bet that there would be some decnt fish around there. Keep in mind though, there are some real big fish in that river..... Don't know about the little rod. I was going to take the 5 weight and after talking to a lot of people, opted for the 8 weight...

· Registered
38 Posts
i was up a couple of weeks ago, didn't go up that high but didn't get a sniff. I havent heard good news from the squamish in a while.

i don't know where you are coming from but i have heard there has been some action on the north shore rivers lately ;).

· Registered
30 Posts
I was thinking about heading up to Squamish river this weekend and taking my fly rod, if anyone is having any luck up there what were you using (Since I didn’t get a bite on a variety of leech patterns last time I was up). Also a while back I met an individual who told me he has a blast every year catching big steels on a dry fly on the Squamish and Cheakamus, and if he wasn’t just pulling my leg, is this possible and what should I be trying, because that would be one hell of a sight.

Any help would be Appreciated
BS

· Registered
306 Posts
I was up there a couple weeks back... when i first arrived i saw someone downshore fighting a nice lookin fish.. i was however skunked again!!!! i would like to try fishing the elaho itself as i heard the fish there don't see as many fisherman!

· Registered
707 Posts
there are very few steelhead in the Elaho. You have a better chance at Dollies/Bull trout and if you go above the falls (about 5 miles up if i remember) you will find small rainbows. Better off trying for the confluence downstream.

· Registered
70 Posts
Anywhere from mile 24 to 32 will hold steelies. The good thing is you will run into bulls and smaller rainbows too. Try using rabbit strip leaches and intruders for steel and smaller sculpin patterns for trout and char. I was up there a couple weeks ago and caught two nice big bulls on black articulated rabbit leaches!

Good Luck.

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the feed back guys
yes you can get up there by two wheel
I am going to be camping there so i will only fish that high up
hooking some bulls would be good
dont want to take the big fly rod though
so i will load up the 5wt
not bothered about chasing the steel as the run is so small
i love the wild rainbows in the rivers up there
will give a full report when i get back

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I was up in there yesterday and hit a few dollies. The river is in good shape and saw alot of guys going camping,I was quite suprised how busy it was.I had a good day though!

Hotrod

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.