BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am new to fishing and new to this site so here it goes!

My wife and I are thinking about going to either elbow lake or devils lake tomorrow and we are wondering if anyone has been there recently and can tell us where to go and what to use.

If these lakes are bad, then we are open to suggestions for other lakes around mission/abb area.

Thanks everyone
:D
Darlo P

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Welcome to the site! I personnaly do not have any info on these lakes but I hear elbow is good for Cutties.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice fishing at elbow lake

Yeah so my wife and I caught 3 1-1.5lb cuttys out in the middle area of the lake but I decided to try casting of the rock face and sinking my bait to the bottom(10m) and I caught 2 2-3lb rainbows. I used "powerbait corn" and live dew worms and the two rainbows were caught at about 2-3pm just as the shadows were lifting off the rock face!

Thanks to all for your replies and advice!

Darlo P

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I fished Devils Lake a few years ago...nothing but tiny trout.

·
Registered
57 Posts
so which lake did you catch those fish in...I put in an evening at elbow about 3 weeks ago with a couple good hits, but nothing in the boat. I trolled the whole lake, and had the hits at the west side where we launched the boat......wlecome to the site...

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
730 Posts
Being as hot as it's been personally I would keep going up the rd and go to Chehalis, fishing should be pretty good now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Darlo, let's see some pictures.
I fished Devil's awhile back and didn't see anything bigger than 9".
5 fish over a pound from a LM lake would be something to see, and other than pellet fed I've seen few LM rainbows over 2lbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah the lake that we decided on is Elbow lake.

Sorry I didnt take my camera this trip, but I am hoping to go again on thurs morning and I will bring it then.

Thanks

Darlo P

ps. someone will have to show me how to put the pics on here though, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts