BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of used Scotty electric riggers for the new boat. I'm having a hard time on craigslist and the buy&sell so if you guys know of any around please give me a hand.

By the way, I'm switching teams. Now that I have the boat I'm looking forward to getting back out on the salt instead of walking up and down the rivers. I grew up fishing Active Pass, Pender Harbour, and Campbell River. I just bought a 2005 1952 Bayliner Capri Cuddy out of Spokane Wa. for $10,900.

Anyways, I look forward to contributing to the site once I start heading out.

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time buying things on criagslist? Anytime I post something to sell myself, it sells in a day or 2, but trying to buy is another story. Strange!!!

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I would buy new downriggers and get the advantage of the unlimited warranty for repair and parts, and service, especially if you will be using these a lot. You know easy it is to damage downriggers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
warranty to original purchaser but that said,
I've got a couple buddies that have never had a problem getting theirs serviced/fixed,
and they bought their's used...

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Scotty is encouraging authorized repair centres to offer warranty repair to original owners only but thatdoes not mean you can't find parts and repair yourself. If a major repair is needed and its beyond your skill level you'll be looking for a more difficult to find unathorized repairman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts