BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's and gals' looking for some info or recommendations on e motors. I have a 17 ft flat bottom(similar to a jon), I am running a 40 merc for the river , but would like to use it for lakes after the new toy comes this year. I dont wnat to put on a smaller trolling motor on the transom as to the fact we already transfered the fuel tank and battery up to the front to get some of the wieght off the back end. I dont want to lose the 40 as to the fact it is nice to have a little bit of go on the larger lakes and I dont want to bugger around with the steering and throttle controls. So this left me thinking what about a bow mounted trolling motor. Any Ideas on sizes required to efficently pull the boat around, or brands. I was thinking minn kota's the yankee basser's ;) seem to put them through thier paces and seem happy with them.
Thanks gang,
Crazy D

·
Registered
37 Posts
As previously stated, make sure you get something 40+ lbs of thrust. I have a 14' aluminum and my 36 lb minn kota is just about right (1 speed is slow enough to troll as a crawl and 5 will push the boat OK in an emergency).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.