BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon I was fishin down on the Fraser when this jerk comes up in his jet boat and decides he is going to fish just out from the beach where all the guys on the beach are casting out. He drove up and sat there and drifted down river getting closer and closer to the beach where everyone was casting from shore. Him and his friend were casting directly across where everyone on the beach was casting out. So basically you would be casting over his line. After he drifted so close to the beach then he would start up his engine and then move back up river. Doing this over and over again. My buddy and I were doing fine catching fish until he came along. (But after he kept starting his engine to move out of the way I think he was scaring the fish.) Finally he drifted down river and out of our way (thank god) and I heard this yelling going on as I guess he was basically doing the same thing to the guys down river. I mean - do these guys not have any common sense. I myself, was getting to the point where I felt like pitching a rock at this guy! Why on earth would a guy who owns a boat and has an anchor right on the bow of his boat, I might add - have absolutely no consideration for other people fishing from shore??? This guy could go anywhere on the river and fish but instead he was just plain inconsiderate. How do you deal with guys like this??? I just think people should stop and think sometimes!! :pissed: Rocko644

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah man, thats why i like to go to remote locations, only problem is sometimes the fishing is not as good, but if you just enjoy the art of it then you can still find sweet spots to be alone, granted there may be fewer fish but you don't have to put up with stuff like that.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Rocko,

I think I saw that fool. Were you around Duncan Bar?

There was a guy in a light coloured boat downriver from me and I watched him come across river, get close to shore, then drift down.

I didn't pay much attention after that, but I thought to myself, "what a jerk".

I hope there weren't two inconsiderate jerks on the river yesterday...actually, there was propably many more, just not all at Duncan bar at the same time ;D

LL

·
Registered
517 Posts
WELCOME TO SALMON SEASON ON THE FRASER BOYS!!! this does not surprise me, nor will it ever. Yet another reason to find a quiet spot for pinks, or better yet, go trout fishing. hate to break it to y'all, but salmon ain't all they're cracked up to be. :2cents:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Land-lubber, I am not really sure what the name of the bar was - first time I ever fished there -maybe my last if thats the kind of morons that hang there! All I know is its near Bradner road.
Roe_pig - yeah I thought thats what betties were for too - right between the eyes! Rocko644

·
Registered
249 Posts
Rocko644 said:
Land-lubber, I am not really sure what the name of the bar was - first time I ever fished there -maybe my last if thats the kind of morons that hang there! All I know is its near Bradner road.
Yep, that's the one.

btw - it's Lund-Lubber. ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Rocko644

Was also at Duncan Bar Wednesday night and someone was yelling at a Blue Jet Boat (an other arrogant Jet Jockey). Saw him on a slow drift past everyone. He thought buying a boat gave him the right to encroach on others. I have a boat and find no need to take it there and would never dream of doing what this clown was doing. :naughty:

BTW Rocko644 Duncan Bar is saltwater.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.