BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Heading north on Hwy 19 from Sayward.
- Approximately 10 mins from the Sayward Jct you cross the Adam River...keep going on Hwy 19
- Continue past Rooney Lk on your right
- Go under the last over pass (Rooney Lake Main) and you come to the "3 lane hill"
- Head down the "3 lane hill" and proceed cautiously ...aprox 1/4 km from the bottom of the hill the Eve River Mainline crosses Hwy 19
- Turn right on the Eve River mainline and follow it to the mouth of the river at the Dryland sort and campsite - approximately 18 kms

I was there today and gave a fisherman a ride back to the campsite from up river. He was kind of tired from lugging his rod, fly gear and a pretty nice Pink...

Road down from Hwy 19 is in good shape. Just watch for radio conrolled logging trucks and pickups.

· Registered
7 Posts
It has been a few years, I and I only went once, but there is an turn to the right before Rooeny lake. there is a cement barrier in which someone has spray painted Naka Creek in blue. If you follow this road, you cross the eve river aon once you have done that, always take the right fork to keep the eve river on your right. You will essentially follow the eve river right to the ocean. Of note, there is an interesting forestry campiste along the logging road north of the eve river estuary called Naka Creek campsite. I got stuck going up one of the hills one the way (I had a fw drive van pulling a 13 foot camper tailer). Anyway you can put a small boat in there and troll for humpies. it is close to Robson Bight so there is also a chance for Orca sitings.

Again, it has been 10 years since I have been there so please heed my advice with caution.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that route 'works' any more LasTurn's directions were spot on, although I might add that the Eve Main intersects Hwy 19 about 100m past (when heading towards Port Hardy) the 260km road distance marker. Maybe a simpler way of finding the turn off.

We made it there on Wednesday. Quite a few Pinks, but most had 'lockjaw'. Our group of three managed to land only one Pink & 'early released' ;) about 5. I caught (& released) an ~6" Brown Trout. Very pretty fish. The most 'exciting' thing to happen was the Large Black Bear that came out of the woods a few hundred meters away & proceeded to amble along the river bank towards us. It didn't take very long for all of us to wade across to the other (road) side of the river ;D

· Registered
5 Posts
Don't take the right turn at the "level crossing" (Kim Creek crossing). There is a bridge below the Rooney Lake junction that hooks up the direct route that has been out for 5 years. You can hook up through the East Main but you double back. Far easier to take the Eve River main turn off at the bottom of the three lane hill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.