BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Thanks for sharing that JBJ. For me, the jury is still out on whether the privatization of our natural resources is any worse than what past government's have done. It's a case of choosing the lesser of two evils.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Too late to do anything on the Ashlu but let's try and stop this same $hit from happening on the Pitt and the Lillooet like they want to do. I remember my first steelhead I ever hooked and landed was the Ashlu in 1965 with my dad and grandpa. this used to be a pretty little river and now look at it :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
We as the public can have a opinion and voice our concerns so this doesnt happen any more on more rivers such as the upper pitt .There will be a open hearing in mission I believe at the best western hotel .There will be a information period from 6:30pm and a question and answer period following. This would be a good opportunity to voice your concerns and hopefully make a difference!!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, shocking to see :mad: :wallbash:

I cannot wait to see Gordo and his thieving buddies thrown from office. That man makes me sick :-X

EDIT: WAC Bennett was not the saint he's made out to be in this film. He was the one who resurrected the Moran Canyon project and tried to push it through the second time. IMHO he was the same snake in the grass as Gordo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thats some serious bull [email protected], all done quietly to make some old fart rich, it makes me sick that that peice of garbage will be dead when we really, start to feel the effects of what they're doing, not to mention loosing quality systems to fish. back in my hometown Mcnair creek has one of these on it and no all the old school steely holes are gone. THIS SUCKS :wallbash:

·
Registered
298 Posts
BC Hydro is by no means perfect and any hydro electric dam is going to negatively impact the river and surrounding area.....However at BC Hydro profits are NOT put above all else and the company is held publicly responsable for its operation. A private power corperation however will literally rape and pillage to make an extra buck. Look at what has happened to BC gas. I am glad to see some awareness of the private energy push is taking place. I fear we are headed towards an all too American private power system. Lets make some noise before it's too late. How about tidal generation or wind? Our coast line has some prime locations for each of these options. Why do we just keep daming our river systems ??? ???
Damn I hate greedy politicans :naughty:

·
Registered
143 Posts
What a bunch of scumbags! To think that every time they receive any opposition to there Greed Driven Agenda, they just create a Bill that eliminates the ability of the public to democratically oppose them. Shamefull.

I'll do my best to be there, and hope there will be a strong turn out! We can not not let them make these irreversible changes to some of the last truly wild ecosystems.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
OK guys this is very important to our environment, we need everyones support and attendance tonight in Mission to try and stop this insane project that will wreck the upper Pitt river and other rivers in the future throughout BC. Please, everyone must attend to try and stop this raping and pillaging of BC's rivers. For more information please follow this link and see you there tonight. http://publicpowerbc.ca/public-meeting-on-parks-boundary-adjustment-mission

G

·
reelangler said:
I say we revolt, overthrow the government and do what we want... that's what they would have done in the old days anyhow.

This really sucks, something has to be done.
Now that Castro is not busy anymore, we should hire him as advisor
;D

Shameful.

Yopesco

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.