BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success with using bait markers for herring/anchovie (just a coloured marker for changing up the colour of the bait)? One of the guys from work says he uses it to change up the herring when mooching up in Rupert (blue for northerns in the fall, and red any other time, especially in winter). Has anyone tried these out in the salt or freshwater with any success?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know about bait markers but I had athought the other day as I watched afew boats off of Spanish banks doing there thing. Bear with me here. Quite a while back like 15 or so years the Babalos teaser heads were abundant. For myself and my father nothing worked better. They had these streaks of red almost burgundy or purple in the head simulating a bloodied head. These things caught all varities of salmon at anytime of the year. They stopped making them because it was too expensive to infuse the red into the head. So here is my thought. What if you were to take just e few stranda of said coloured wool and wrap them at the head of your strip, plug, or teaser. I'd be curious to know if this would increase takes or not. I won't be able to try this myself until mid to end of May as we have to repower this year and we're not able to till then. If anyone tries this out either pm me or post your results. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts