BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder for everyone, you should be wearing some type of eye protection while fishing. Prime example today while fishing a colorado spinner today I set the hook on a fish and it tore out flying back into my sunglasses and then buried the hook through my left nostril :eek: You could see the spinner hanging off my nose and the hook in the nostril, good thing I buy barbless hooks, it slipped right out and bled good for a while. Good thing for the glasses or I could have lost an eye today.

· Registered
218 Posts
Yeah but just think how much better looking you'd be with a patch over your eye!!
Good point gord. I caught one right of the frame trying to cast a big intruder with the wind the wrong way....it was almost the pirate life for me too... :beerchug:

· Registered
29 Posts
a few years ago, i was fishing with heavy split shot.
hooked a spring, took off like a bullet.
needless to say all three split came back, hit me in the left eye. saw a white flash.
thought i lost my eye!managed to drive myself to the hospital. blood every where.
after hours of testing, they said don't even sneeze! i had a crack on the top of my eyeball!
to this day, the blood hasn't drained from my eye.
always hazy, at night it's almost usless!
on rainy days i'll still where safety glasses!
the shoemakers kids have no shoes, i sell safety supplies!

· Registered
143 Posts
This is one of the few times I concider myself lucky to need Glasses. Even if there isn't a need for the poleroids, I still need my regular glasses which do double duty keeping my "Balls" safe. :peace:

Oh, and Iv'e also bounced some gear of my ball cap, which is usually on backwards to protect my neck. :2cents:

· Registered
177 Posts
That is great advice Fishinforever 8) Always wear eye protection, I've heard way too many close call stories, very dangerous!!

If you chuck flies NEVER leave home without eye protection, good quality eye protection, don't cheap out.

One outing last year I 'snake-rolled' my eye protection 45' out into the flow...had that been my eye it would have been bait. Changing wind direction can be deadly to us fly flickers...eyes are WAY too important. :beerchug:

· Registered
898 Posts
Fishinforever great note here :thumbup:
when the Pink season is here and the springs and chum are arround possibility of a hook and lead flying back at you is higher
i have some nice tinted safety glasses (for when it is not bright enough for shades)
and they have sides on them
jut need to remember to take them with me :-\

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.