3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The winners of the November segment of the contest are:

For best photo.........Coho-Killer's pic of the Stave River Sunset
For best story.........Capilano Mano....."Nine Year's of Patience"

Both of these winners have won tickets to a Giants game, T shirts, & Caps
The GRAND PRIZE winners are:

Best photo submitted...Steelie Trav's pic of a "Morning on the Mamquam"
Best submitted story....Marko for his stream rehab./recovery essay.

Steelie Trav wins the Anbassadeur 7000 donated by Abbyfireguy
Marko wins the custom flybox with coho flies donated by Bead-Head

Honourable mentions go to FishFinder & Big Steel and Ribwart for their submissions of story & pics. Congratulations to all our winners!!!Thank You to all the members who donated prizes for the contest, and thanks to all who took the time to write and photograph their experiences on the local rivers. All prizes will be mailed out. Just PM me your addresses and the goods will be in the mail.............Ortho 8)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Nice work guys! All very worthy winners indeed...I had a feeling those would be the grand prize winners... :wink:
I have to say...this was fun, I really enjoyed opening up the site and seeing a new story or set of pictures up there...they were all great reads and I would like to personally say thanks for the enjoyment I recieved by reading and viewing your contributions...Congrats!

Oh...and I think our thanks should also be extended to fishortho for putting all this together...coordinating the prizes, the panel of judges, and coming up with this great idea...it must've cut into his fishing time I'm sure....:wink: Thanks ortho!

Rib :D

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice!!!! New Reel, thanks Abby! Congrats to all of the other winners as well. And thank you to Ortho for throwing this contest, and all of the prize donators. This was a great idea as it got the mind rolling on some stories and we all got to see some nice pics. DoI hear sounds of a steelie contest??? :lol: :lol:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I think it would be good to start a new thread...focusing on winter steelhead. But it would be good to get it started with proper fish handling so anyone who might be new to fishing steelhead could learn what to do if they catch one...they're swimming down the straight and up the fraser right now...I'm sure of it...the season is here.

Congrats on the new reel Trav...

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wont be running any competitions or derbies for steelhead. They are just too precious to be handled for a "photo op". Most of you know, I rarely keep a fish and those hatchery fish I release could be someone's first ....However, that said, I AM in favour of using your camera to capture the wild rivers and scenery where we are fishing this winter, and starting a thread for such.....This would be scenics only!!.....(Need approval from members and the site owner prior to initiating such )............Ortho 8)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I have become quite partial to the "release" pictures, where the fish is still being revived, and you get a quick pic of it while it's in the water...I used to go for the lift and pose type shots, but as ortho mentioned, these fish are too precious to be handled for a photo op...so now I mostly go with the "in the water" shot...having said that, if you've bonked a hatchery, then by all means take a few pics...but otherwise, there is a brief window of opportunity to take a pic while the fish is being revived, no need for the angler in the picture in these instances, just a shot of the fish while it is being cradled in the water...they're usually the nicest shots anyways.
That's my opinion,
rib

ps: totally down with the scenic pics thread...

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Holy fish, you've got to be kidding me! I turn on my computer to see the long awaited resaults of the now
fabled O.F.F.C. and I was floored.I am truly humbled people and a heap of thanks goes out to all who
participated.First to Ortho... 8) ,I don't think we can thank him enough for his contributions to this site
and a great guy to be around . Second, to Bead Head and all the other members who sponsered this
contest, I'm hoping to contribute something in future contests to come. Finally, all those who inspire
us with endless knowledge and passion for the sport we commonly share and love.
Hope to see more of you on the flow,thanks again!!!! Marko.... :D
.And I was looking at a new 8wt. resterday at Stillwatersports,go figure....!

·
Registered
78 Posts
oh well guess it doesnt pay to be into the urban style of life other then doing english essays or anything else, i thought i might win something oh well i tried with all my might, better luck next time legacy if you ever get to get the most amazing trips youve ever had fishin in your life if anyone wants to go for the fall again or fly fishin for trout ;)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
thanks for holding the contest Ortho and to all the people that donated things

my girl and i really enjoyed that giants game :D :D :D

hope to see alot of you out there for winter steel

Hey Rib,

we still on for some winters a couple times this steely season. let me know buddy

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Ortho and everyone responsable i thank you for putting up such a fun contest! It was great to be a part of, and i hope something like this happens on this fourm again! The contest was an excellent excuse to go fishing. Thank you to all the prize donors for making this contest such a success! Tight lines and congragulations to all prize winners!
Contests like this one is one of the many reasons this site is the best fishing fourm on the net!

C.K.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts