BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK BCFR members, if you want to have a little fun & win some cool prizes, post your fish picture of the fall fishery, your favourite scenic picture, or write a story on the fishing trip or daily outing. All the pics,stories etc. must be relative to the Coho/Chum/Spring/ Sturgeon/or stillwater fisheries, and be in good taste. We would like to get some creative images that reflect what fishers do in the fall in BC...

PLease limit you entries to one per catagory, per week and DO NOT send in more than TWO pictures per week. We do not want the site overloaded!

There will be monthly winners in three catagories:
Scenic pictures, fish pictures, fishing story.

I am requesting that you handle ALL fish carefully and keep them in the water if possible if you are releasing. All our fish are special. Please read the "Guidelines for the safe release of fish" in your regs.

The contest will be open until November 30th 2006, and will be judged by a panel chosen for their writing skills, and photography knowledge.

There will be some fun prizes and I am requesting other members who can donate anything towards this fun event PM me so we can give you recognition for your support. If the moderators and site owner are in agreement, we can start immediately....Ortho 8)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
sounds AWESOME Ortho

you will be for sure seeing my ugly mug and some gorgeous fish over the next few weeks :D

maybe we can hook up a get together of us memebers again over this fall and make a special prize for that one "fishout" day

just a suggestion :D

Ortho you and i need to hook up for some Coho on the fly in the Vedder

let me know i have weekends off always

tight lines and good drifts

HOOK

G

·
Sweet Deal ortho, sure is nice of you for contrubuting this, greatly appreciated.

Tight Lines and Good Luck to all this fall season!
Mike <")))))><

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
How about names in a hat and draw pairs or even groups of three , for those who are intrested .

Pictures and stories are a wonderful way to share our experiences but there is no sustitue for the real thing.

I for one would be more than willing to share what I know with members all knowing or not.

It's all about the thrill of the chase and the catch, or release, just sweetens the pot!

..........Good luck to all in the up coming seasons. Marko :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Marko said...
"It's all about the thrill of the chase and the catch, or release, just sweetens the pot! "

Marko, are you sure you aren't confused with fishing and women????

Hey, good idea, I'm interested....

I can see it now...pictures of a plate of smoked salmon, with a back ground of a half sack of beer chilling in the river....

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Fishing and women rarly go together but when they do something magical happens !!!!! :( :x :) :D ..... :oops: :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
don't get me going on women and fishing i took mine out today and lets just say she had to use the washroom but refused to go in the bushes and top to it all off we were fishing at the meat hole way up to of the vedder SO DOWN TO THE GAS STATION WE WENT!!!!!! lol ANYWAYS hey ortho by chance do the pic's have to have the date on them if using a digital camera? i know not everyone owns one but thought i'd ask and do they have to be pic's from this year? thanx

C.K.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Ortho, when does the contest start and how exactly is it going to work? Are we to just report our trip as usaul or will ther ebe a different method.

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Ah hem! :roll: Ya thats right , fishin. The way I read the opening statements by Ortho the contest starts .

...................... N O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MEMBERS OF THE BCFR FORUM.....

Read the opening post on this thread, and post it on this thread, and yes, it started on the weekend, so get photographing & writing!....I have had some donations to the prize pool but I am sure there are a few members out there that can also contribute something? PLEASE pm ME IF YOU HAVE A DONATION....................Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Prizes are arriving daily for the contest, and I have some members who have indicated they will contribute some really nice fishing gear. So, get posting that story and/or pictures of fishing related adventures to this thread The first winners will be chosen early in October.........................Ortho 8)

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
This may sound like a dumb question but how is it possible to properly C&R and get a pic when you're by yourself ?

Just a thought , never tried. :? :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts