BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has methods they prefer over others...I remember my father loved to just sit by a lake with a bobber and worm, myself its trolling or casting a leech pattern 5 to 7 feet behind a single willow leaf. A close friend doesn't have the patience to sit in a boat to troll, so he tears all over lakes and rivers spincasting from one spot to another only using blue fox spinners. What's your preference?

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
694 Posts
For Trouts in lakes, I just can't fish blind. I would rather pester a couple of trout in the shallows trying to get them to take, rather than fish chiromonids and be slaying them all day. Doesn't make sense to most, but I love it. :thumbup:

Only thing better is sight fishing with dry flies :happy:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
For me walk and wade fishing for free rising trout on a medium sized stream is the ultimate swiftwater experience

For still waters nothing beats late fall when big fish stack up on the marl and you can sight fish them with scuds

Awesome stuff :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dries at dusk in the weeds. Seeing little rises in the weeds and casting right on the spot than seeing the same fish come up and smash it. Now thats the best.

I love my chronie fishing as well. Or micro's under an indicator. Especially in the summer. This year might try to fish the naked chronie that should be interesting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Little dry's for sea runs in the local flow. Nothing I love more then hooking a nice wild 16 incher
For lakes what ever works but it has to be on the fly :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Big, high floating hopper imitations in july or august on any river that sees hopper action. East Kootenay rivers are awesome areas for this type of fishing with vicious takes by opportunistic westslope cutts. A close second is sight fishing with sedge pupa imitations to cruising feeders.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Don't get me wrong I love and regularly participate in all the techniques you all have presented but one of my favorite methods for trout fishing is stripping big streamer flies in moving waters for large bull trout and having the smash the fly as you are stripping it in as fast as you can!

:cheers: Rick

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
firstlight said:
Ill fish with Darcy any day. ;D :drunk:
I like trolling a flatfish too./
Last year i fished Chronis for the first time and a little success so looking forward to trying that again.
I've got a couple of flatfish in my box that I've never used. I'll have to try that this summer!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Chironomids. Nice and lazy fishing, no need to be on the water before 10:30, cast, wait, set hook. Sometimes often sometimes not.

Dries on small rivers. More work, more excitement up front.

Swinging flies for those big sea run rainbow trout...steelheads as some of you call them....

·
Registered
141 Posts
To me trout fishing is about relaxing. My fave would hafta be getting out first light, up in the interior, with the sun starting to come out, all bundled up sipping on the Bailey's and coffee. The technique would be trolling a fly, probably a leech or spratley, with the only sound the hum of the electric. Eventually morning would turn to aftenoon and the coffee to beer, and the hum of the motor would be drowned out by singing and bulls#%tting, almost forgetting you even have a rod in your hand, until WHAMM!!...a nice rainbow hammers your fly, peeling your line out, sounds turn to hooping and hollering and the zing of your reel, followed closely by the celebratory swig from the bottle. Lines go back in, and this continues well until dark, until the beer is almost gone and dinner awaits on shore. And of course....repeat the next day.

:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.