BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it finally happened!...on my 6th trip ever for Steelhead...landed a huge silver bullet...and am speechless. Nobody around, my camera in my backpack and just me there to see the fish. A huge WILD Steely. At 6'2", 225lbs I could barely get my hand around the tail and held it up, if just to see how it felt and mighta looked....still can't get the smile off my face! :happy:....it might be lost on alotta you guys, but for me it was the most beautiful fish I have ever handled! Hard to believe that there are these massive silver beasts in our local river systems!..anyways...just hafta tell someone, cuz...I'M TELLING EVERYBODY!!!!!

Cheers!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Awesome! I finally managed to get out for the first time this season to hunt for steelhead today. Didn't touch anything, and there were surprisingly a lot of people on the river...especially the train bridge. Haven't touched the spey rods for a long time too, and today I looked like a fool, especially since the new line that I was trying out for the first time today was not a good match to the 13' 7wt at all. Oh well, hopefully someone got a good laugh...

Good job on the fish, too bad you didn't have a camera. Oh well, the memory will have you break out in a spontaneous grin for a while to come. :) Cheers.

·
Registered
886 Posts
FIRE-FISH :thumbup: welcome to the addiction of steelhead. The only known cure is to have another hook-up with one. The feeling that you felt today is the same feeling I feel over and over after every steelhead I hook-up with. Landed or not for me. It sure is funny how the little things in ones life can bring so much happiness. :cheers: sage

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Stone, what line were you using? something you gotta know about the train bridge too is the water is so low it's slowed down enough in the bigger pool to make it tough to cast..that might have been part of your problem..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.