BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Vedder this morning....literally...was stupid enough to step where I shouldn't have :naughty: and ended up going swimming.....Ohhhh that was refreshing....fortunately my neoprenes and wool clothes kept me warm enough for the rest of the day, if a little squishy....Unfortunately in the process of pulling myself out of the water, and keeping my rod, I lost my good fishing hat.....Damn.... :mad:

To top it off, not even a sniff today....saw a few people out, but not too bad for crowds. Other than the water being really cold, it looked nice today.

How was everyone else's day.

· Registered
84 Posts
Well, since I haven't been out for 2 years I didn't expect much... and to boot I had a buddy that his never fished. But here goes anyway.....

I had to work late last night so didn't get out to the river till 10 and spent the first 20 mins teaching my buddy how to cast good thing he is a quick study and I was able to actually get some fishing in (at least between fixing bird nests) But an hour later I hooked into a nice chrome bullet and after a 5 minute tussle my day was done. Since my buddy had never even seen a steelhead he was pretty excited and I think I have found a new fishing partner.

Anyway all and all day was great, water was in good condition and the crowds were very minimal. And luckily I never landed in the drink.......

[attachment deleted by admin]

· Registered
455 Posts
fyrfytr77 said:
Well, since I haven't been out for 2 years I didn't expect much... and to boot I had a buddy that his never fished. But here goes anyway.....

I had to work late last night so didn't get out to the river till 10 and spent the first 20 mins teaching my buddy how to cast good thing he is a quick study and I was able to actually get some fishing in (at least between fixing bird nests) But an hour later I hooked into a nice chrome bullet and after a 5 minute tussle my day was done. Since my buddy had never even seen a steelhead he was pretty excited and I think I have found a new fishing partner.

Anyway all and all day was great, water was in good condition and the crowds were very minimal. And luckily I never landed in the drink.......
Great to here :thumbup: I hope every thing works out with your new partner.... :cheers:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Good job fryfytr. I was out today too, got to the river about 10:30, took one look at KWB and decided to move on. five minutes later, I found absolutely beautiful fly water at Cottonwoods and not another person in sight. fished there for about an hour or more and only saw one other angler about 1/2 mile away. Nothing doing there, so I packed up and headed out to train bridge. A half dozen guys fishing when I go there, but 20 minutes after I arrived it's down to me and 2 others. After about an hour, I finally feel a tug on my line. Not much of a struggle on a 14' 9wt, but still a very pretty 17" dolly.

Another hour or so, and time to move on again. This time to Lickman. By now it's 3:00, fish for about an hour see one other guy. No love here either. Rained on and off for most of the day. Was a good test for the Cabelas Goretex jacket I got for Christmas. By 4:00 the water had come up about 6" and was starting to colour up a bit vis about 3-4 feet. I stayed pretty warm, but then again, I stayed pretty dry. :peace:

· Registered
501 Posts
Hey!
Looks like ditto had a wet mornning,lets hope he dosn't get sick,and good job on the cacth fyr77 that is one thick steely.
Ok here we go,I had a blast on the river today.
Becouase this day wasn't planned for fishing I got to the river around 10:30 am,I started fishing the wilson road area again.Right where I started my day after a few casts I was into a fish,wild buck first coulored one of the year for me.Fish put up a hell of a fight,hooked him on a pink and purple jig with a cooked prawn on it,by the way my first time fishing prawns as bait and it was awsome.Older fella that fished the same run, took a picture so all try to post it to,fish was gentally released of course.
Ater that I started hiking, and it was quiet for a while.Around 4:00pm the river had started to get a little coloure to it and then everything went crazy.
I was just starting to fish my next run,first I see two fish jump in two diferent spots in a short period of time,then my float goes down close to the spot where the fish had jumped,fish on but not for long I loose the fish maybe around a minute i had it on.
15 min later fishing my way down the run reaching the tailout I get a strike set the hook got a fish again couple of head shakes and gone.I reel in quickly, cast again, same spot, hit agin and she is on for good,beautiful fish put up a big fight had to walk it down a river becouase it got into the fast water already tired out right under my feet just as I wanted to get the line with my hand to bring her in, jig comes flying out and a beautiful chromer swims away.
I go back to the top of the same run,belive it or not a fish I think it was a same fish jumps three times in row just right in front of me in a short period of time.I try everything that I could offer but the fish would not take.
Already really wet I decide to end my day,as I started packing my staff ready to almost go a guy comes from above me, with a blade gets a hit and hooks a fish, had it on for a while but didn't land it.
Hell of a day on the river for me ,hope to get out on sunday again until then good luck :thumbup:

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.