BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could not resist the sunshine forcast for yesterday so headed for the river about 9:30 and hit the river about an hour later.....headed for a couple of runs that have been producing some large fish lately and to my surprise nobody around......fished through two of the runs with no luck.....saw another run above me which i had not fished before with one guy plugging away......after he left the run it to looked to inviting to pass up so i hiked up and second cast with a pink worm ,fish on.....released a nice chrome 8 lb wild doe.....spent another hour in the area with nothing so decided to head up river to another run that has been giving up some fish.....hiked in to the run....rigged up a shrimp and first cast through it just gets nailed.....what a friggin monster........60 seconds of massive head shakes, non stop twist and rolls, comes out of the water and gone.......fish was in the twenty pound range and i would not throw that kind of number in there if i was not sure..... a jaw dropping fish of a lifetime on the ved....all i can say is wow....(and a little rats that i did not get to hang on to it longer)........nothing for the next half hour.....switched to a pink worm and first cast with that a solid hit but did not stick......fun day on the flow......not a lot of pressure yesterday.......we sure need some water up there

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Re: sun & steel

A nice day to get out and to hook up with some steel briefly is enough to blow the winter carbs out! I'm looking forward to the next two months of steelhead fishing for this reason. Warmer days, more fish and longer daylight hours to boot! Most definately my favorite time of year!

Thanks for the report!

HR

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

back to back multiple fish days.....one wild released, one nice dollie released, and 2 steel on for a quick hello and goodbye

question-----i was fishing this run for awhile today and this guy asked if he could share the run for a while-----no prob on my part----after about 20 minutes he crossed the river and headed upstream.....40 minutes later he comes down with a nice hatch and told me where he hit it and that he hit 2 more as well-----i was skeptical at first as there is just no water in that run anymore.....anyway i headed up and where there used to be a very nice run the water now is just flat and 1 1/2 to 2 feet deep-----second cast with a single egg i nail a 5 lb dollie------15 minutes later i nail a 8 to 9 lb wild----so in an hours time between the 2 of us, 4 steel and one dollie in water you would normaly just walk past

is it possible that because this use to be a very productive run that these fish came from that area and are back there to spawn even though there is nothing there anymore.....no cover, no boulders, nothing

· Registered
883 Posts

The majority of the steel I have landed this year have been in less than 3ft of water... They do like the shallow water... A little riffle is all they need above them... ;) I had a guy walk past me this year while I was fishing one of my favorite shallow water spots on the vedder. He said too me that I was wasting my time fishing there. I said thanks for the tip dude. I wish I could have taken a picture of the reaction on his face about 10 minutes later as I proceeded to land a beauty wild Ironhead. Just plain dumbfounded... :cheers: sage

· Registered
1,702 Posts

nice! sucks that it popped off. I wont be out this weekend. dad's sick. I was hoping to make it 3 for 3. The water level is fine, u just gotta know where to look for them.

Tight lines, and good fishing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.