BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody

Last week when we were out we got two fish,when i cleaned them i was amazed to find a herring of about 8 inches long inside it.
The questions i have are : is that the regular size of the herring found in vancouver harbour at this time of year?

do any of you use cut plug or herring in teaser heads at this time of year and where do you get good bait from?

cheers Oliver.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a buddy who is using herring plugs all winter and another fella that uses anchovies....both are effective....they both get them at Berry's Bait and Tackle in Richmond....They look to be pretty good quality and priced well...good luck

·
Registered
249 Posts
sure is quieter thats for sure...i remember as a kid throwing out the anchor...getting lines in the water and falling asleep until the zzzzing of the line going out....good ole days...trolling with riggers is a busy day...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
the good old days of mooching aren't gone just forgoten by most but not me

swiftwater said:
Hey everybody

Last week when we were out we got two fish,when i cleaned them i was amazed to find a herring of about 8 inches long inside it.
The questions i have are : is that the regular size of the herring found in vancouver harbour at this time of year?

do any of you use cut plug or herring in teaser heads at this time of year and where do you get good bait from?

cheers Oliver.
Cut plug and strip is all I use when mooching off ambleside.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Anybody heading out tomorrow, i just check the tides,very nice for pulling plugs
2008-03-15 (Saturday)
Time Height
PDT (m) (ft)
02:26 am 4.3 14.1
07:39 am 3.6 11.8
11:15 am 3.9 12.8
19:29 pm 1.0 3.3
I think I dust off the Whaler and work some water on Saturday

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It depends on how hard of a tide you are tring to work. I have used as little as 1/2 oz to as much as 6 oz's at the Cap. pending on the tide. I only fish now when the differance in the tide is 5 feet or less. I preffer a to fish it going to a low tide more then the high tide. I always stager my rods, 1 on the bottom, 1 in the middle and 1 about 10 to 15 pulls down. I have hooked fish at all depths. The key to power mooching is haveing a good sounder and try to follow the bait. Lots of bait for these guys from the Lions Gate all the way to Point Atkinson and its all moochable water.

·
Registered
23 Posts
when are the feeder spring stop biting. Is there a quiet period between the winter feeder and the normal summer condition. I was out again today, as well as last sunday, same spot, same dept, not a bite the entire day. I know there is some days like this, but feb and early march was awesome....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.