BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Yup, i've had one for about 12 years now. was once my go to rod, but has seen less use the past few years it has seen less work as I have found other rods more to my liking. It is still a very good rod, nice action, great warranty response. For the price, it's one of the great values out there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 2 fenwick rods....a 6wt eagle gt and a 5wt hmx

i use the 6wt gt more. I really like the fenwicks as a starter rod. When i was first learning it was a nice way to get into the sport without giving an arm and a leg for the gear. Now that i have learned to cast better and know what i am feeling in the rod i have moved up to more high end rods but i still use my fenwick as it has been good to me. I think for the price this is the best rod in the category....it cant be compared to an $700 sage but they sure do the trick for $100-$200. Also i found when learning to cast that a fast action rod worked better for me as it hid many of my mistakes. I'd buy another one any day and would recommend them to anyone who's budget was 100-200 bucks.

I bought the hmx for my father in law but hes never used it....it sits in my storage locker....pm me if your interested in buying it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have a Fenwick hmfx 5wt a great rod for the price
I bought this as a combo set with a fenwick rell including sare spool,floating and sinking line and rod reel case for just over $200

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I got both a 5wt and a 6wt through Cabellas w/reel, spare spool, backing, and line for $125.00 U.S. about 5 month ago. Going to break them in up at Sheridan Lake this year on a big laker ............. or at least I hope to.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The HMX is a decent rod...especially for the price. Don't think you'd be disappointed with it. There's so many good choices out there now in the sub-$200 range...would have been nice to have that many good choices in the entry level range when I first started flyfishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.