BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Pets Mart the other day and saw a compact real that casts a small rubber cone
chew toy you can cast and have your dog try and retrieve.... :D

....Well the gears started turning and thought what if one was to use thier meat stick, good for 15-25 lbs
and had a 15-20 lb dog that would never bring the ball back...? The one thing I'd be concerned about
is if the pet went into a roll and got all tangled up but man I can't help but wonder how big of a dog
the rod could handle... :happy:

Happy Holidays People and Tight Lines.... :cheers: Marko

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
My friend Dennis has a 130 lb chocolate lab named Sage. One day we were bored and decided to have fun by tying the end of a leader to Sage's collar and toss a tennis ball at a nearby park. I guess it's as close as we're going to get to the feel of a giant tarpon at this point...that dog is so hot we couldn't turn him. ;D

A mother and child were walking by, and the child told her mother that we were hooking a dog and started crying. ;D

·
Registered
201 Posts
stone said:
My friend Dennis has a 130 lb chocolate lab named Sage. One day we were bored and decided to have fun by tying the end of a leader to Sage's collar and toss a tennis ball at a nearby park.
I do the same thing when its time to respool the reel with fresh line, tie up to the dog, and chuck the ball down the street and watch the spool empty. If only putting the line back on was just as easy. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Some Buddies of mine used to tie a slice of bacon onto a rod, sit in their Lazy Boy Fighting Chair just inside to sliding glass door and cast onto the sun deck. The S%$# Hawks would line up for rides. For bigger quarry hit the garbage dump and see if you can turn a bear. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just can't get the thought of a 40lb terrier on the end of my line and the head shakes
that would go with the battle.... :happy:

Still not sure who would win, the traction (resistance) of a dog on land must be greater than
a fish in water but how much....10-15%

Marko

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.