BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made it up to and home from the Vedder (10/6-10th) and had a blast. Crowds got a little thick on the weekend, but some of the guys we met were an absolute blast to fish with. If any of you were hanging out with the fly fishermen from Idaho around the railroad bridge, that was us.

Big surporses of the trip: 1) how close together you guys are willing to fish; 2) how polite most of you Canucks are; 3) how good you are at smoking sockeye, (much smoked sockeye was shared with my friends and meon the river); and 4) how many people smoke pot while fishing (seriously, at times the Vedder smelled like a Greatful Dead Concert).

We caught the transition from Chums to Springs, and managed to bring in several beautiful Springs and a couple of Coho in our last couple of days fishing. The help and advice I received here was uniformly appreciated by everyone in our group. I think we'll probably be headding your direction again in about a year!

Here are a couple of photos from our adventure:
This gal took about 20 minutes to bring in on the fly rod (last cast of the day, and I was wearing sunglasses when the fight started!)

My buddy Shawn with a nice coho

This is Leon, about as friendly a character as you could hope to meet and a fine smoker of sockeye!

A monster spring I landed (my last fish of the trip!)

He's still in there if you can find him :)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yeah, there is a glitch on the compatibility of the programs....but we are anxiously awaiting the photos...Glad you had a good time in our neck of the woods....Will be travelling to Idaho next year for trout....Any recommendations? We will be riding our motorcycles on our way to Sturgis...Ortho

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just let me know when and where and I'll give you all the help I can. Sturgis is early August, isn't it? You should have some choice options on your way through, probably want to hit the east part of the state (SF Snake, Henry's Fork, etc.). Keep me in the loop.

I tried changing how the photos are uploaded with no luck. I stuck them in a gallery if you want to see them:
http://www.bcfishingreports.com/gallery/v/members/mooky/

G

·
I uploaded these this morning to my Photo Bucket Page; but class ended before I could get them here.

Good Job Buddy

Mike <"))))))><

·
Registered
152 Posts
What? Is that a Bud I see?? If you enjoyed checking out our fish, I hoped you checked out some good Canuck Ale??

Glad to hear you enjoyed a successful trip!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
did u guys fish my the Keith wilson bridge, i was the kid and his dad! The one who was hookin chum after chum and nothin else! I took a female from u cus i needed the eggs! I kinda had it comin cus i was using green wool but what ever! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts