BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always look forward to this time of year and although my family comitments eat up more and more time each year I still manage to put in a little effort while there's a fishery in the lower river. This afternoon was too good to pass up so I persauded my 3 year old daughter to help me clean house for tommoros turkey dinner and promised a little boat ride and fishing....

We managed to be fishing by 3:00 and around 4ish got into a nice coho. It was a decent tussle but in the end the fish won this time. Regardless we had a great few hours on the water. I did see a pair of hatchery coho headed home with a husband and wife team upon my arrival but only witnessed one other hook up while I was on the water. Every year there seems to be more and more people venturing out into the lower river this time of year. I guess the zoo at the mouth of the vedder is starting to force folks to look elsewhere for fishy flows. IMHO this is the time to fish your natal waters. Why go to a known crowded spot when there is fish everywhere??? Besides they do bite more willingly when there not running a gauntlet of gear in low clear water :2cents:

Tight Lines :cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed 2 wild coho and a big male chum on Sunday and a hatchery coho on Monday. Definitely less fish around on Monday. I've heard there was a commie opening for Sunday and Monday but not been able to confirm that. Hopefully there will be fewer nets out during the week and we can have some good fishing again next week end.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made a pit stop and fished from 4:30-5:30 today. It was high tide and I saw plenty of rising fish. Definitely more activity than Monday. No luck for me today but as usual I feel like if I were in my boat I would have had better success. Particularly since only one or two of the many rising fish I saw were within casting distance. I think the channel has moved out further yet this year after our lengthy freshet. The main thing is I now feel a Friday boat ride is worth a go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.