BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out at the mouth of the Cap today, dropped the crab and prawn traps early and was fishing by 8:00AM.

Had two or three hits, and then right at the marker I got smacked by this 20lb-er. The boats were pretty thick in there, so I punched the throttle and headed out to the shipping lane (thank-you harbor patrol for encouraging me throughout the fight and giving me time to land her).

Took me a while to get her in as I was alone, so I had to tire her out before I could net her.

Caught on a Baitrix herring strip, UV head behind a red flasher 5ft leader. Was at 95 ft in 98 ft of water

Looking forward to hearing more reports!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Well.........YEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWW!!!! :thumbup:

Nice work DF!! A solo effort to boot!! :cheers: :peace:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well done there Damnfish , Was out there today and man was it crowded . Would be very tricky landing a fish solo in the current , wind and hoards of other boats , nice work. Landed a 26 lbs white on a green spackle back chovy and green glo flasher off the bottom . luckly I always have my wife to help other wise I think it would be impossible to land a fish solo in my boat under todays conditions . Fish took forever to come in , strong fighter . Well congrats , see you out there . Oh ya I have had good luck with the batrix earlier in the year and was wondering if they would produce at the cap. Thanx for the report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts