BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Anyone been to Fire lake before? I am going to head up there on the weekend to chase some rainbows. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some info on the lake and getting there. Will I need a 4x4 and how long does it take to get there? Can you camp near the lake? Will uncle Joe still be there? You remember uncle Joe, he was the one afraid to cut the cake....(kidding)

Matt

· Registered
578 Posts
Can't help you with access, I am trying to get that info myself. I can tell you that reports on this fishing are all good. One fellow who took one of my fly fishing classes flies his float plane in there reglarly.

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!! I will now tell the story of my weekend at Fire lake. It did not happen. We drove down Harrison Forest service road for 56 Km and decided to turn back on account of the rough road. We met a gentleman coming the opposite direction and informed us that the last twenty kilometers took him 2 hours!! I had a camper on the back of my truck and was a little worried about the condition of the road. The 56 km we had already travelled took us 2 1/2 hours so I calculate that driving to Fire lake by way of Harrison would take about 5 1/2 hours. I will be attempting this in a few short weeks without the camper and with a new winch on the front of my 4x4. I will post results then. If anyone tries to make the trip before then.......Good luck!!!! ( I dream of fishing that lake ) :happy:

Matt

· Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys. I went to fire lake quite a few years ago. I can't even remmember where to turn onto the road. I do remember the road definitely being a 4x4 access. I would not take a camper up there. I can only imagine the road has deteriorated over the years. As for the fishing, lots of little guys. This to may have changed. I'm talking about possibly a ten year time frame. Like 1998? Doubt that helps much but good luck. :beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.