BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new 11 ft. Fraser King along with a Abu 9000 from A&M Thurs. to take out on the mighty Fraser on Sat. Loaded up the boat with some buddies and all the gear needed for a nice long day of fishing. What a day, beautiful weather, good friends and more food than we could possibly eat (along with a couple of wobbly pops :cheers:). Headed up river from Isl. 22 about 7:00 AM, not a lot of bars showing but fortunately not to many boats on the river so we were able to find a nice spot up at the tip of Hurling Isl. Lines in the water and a nice shore breakfast of bacon eggs and hashbrowns, couldn't get much better! No action for about two hours but then just when were all gettin' a little restless and thinking about lunch BAM there goes my rod lookin' like a nice hit, run down grab my brand new Fraser King with the brand new Abu 9000 give 'er a good rip and POP, POP! rod snapped in three pieces, holy crap, never seen anything like it, needless to say I was more than a little disapointed :pissed: luckily I happened to have my sturgeon rod with me so I was able to use it for the rest of the day so not a huge problem. As for the rest of the day, only one more bite all day between the six of us and that one didn't make it to shore either but all in all had some fun and got out on the river finally.
Took the rod back to A&M today, no problem, replaced with no questions asked, no Fraser Kings left so they gave me a 12ft. trophy xl medium heavy in trade, actually worth a couple of bucks more so I'll try it out this weekend and hope for a better hook set next time!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ouch, that sucks!! :wallbash: Well, look at the bright side, there were a couple hits and some good company. :thumbup:
Was there any clarity to the water? I suppose you where going big in the Spin and Glow department? :)
Hoping to make it back out this sunday and see how a couple of Rod's work for Barfing. Not sure which one to use just yet... ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.