BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent a bit of time on the weather network and the marine and air travel weather, and in the next 24hrs. the freezing level along the coast will rise to 4-6000ft. This means it will be raining from around 3500 ft. and with 60 100 mm of rain forcast and all the snow on the ground....we will be seeing some really high water in all coastal systems til Wed. /Thurs.....Might work in our favour as the last of the ol' coho and chum will likely disappear and be replaced with the first chome steelies of the season......Better starrt respooling those reels and tieing some leaders & roebags..........Ortho

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Although it may be favorable to blow out all the old boots, it may lead to problems for the eggs that are already in the gravel. They could be scoured up by high flow, smothered by silt or left high and dry by shifting river channels.

:beerchug: here's hoping that all the does that spawned this year so far have done a good job selecting their redd sights and it all turns out OK!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
This is just great!
I'm dying to get out there and where I need to go is not accessible or blown over it's banks!

Hotrod

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a big snow, followed by rain, it is always a 48 hr. turnaround. As soon as the skies clear, 48 hrs. later, it's time to fish!!..........Ortho

·
Registered
49 Posts
Weather report has some clear skies and crisp mornings coming. But isn't it a bit too early for the Steelies? (still learning ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
lophat said:
Weather report has some clear skies and crisp mornings coming. But isn't it a bit too early for the Steelies? (still learning ;)
I usually start the last few days of November. There is usually a few trickling in by that point.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That little piece of water in the lower picture on the right hand side, right next to the rock is a great spot during those conditions. In the first picture the left lower corner at the tail out just before the bush is also good.......You are standing on the playground of my youth!.....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Weathers showing clear and cool until next Monday guys. :thumbup:

Oh geez,,,they're coming!!

I've got a fever!!!,,,,,and the only cure,,, is more steelhead!!!!! :happy:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.