Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one Rib. You got me.
;):thumbup: LoL...Nice fish eh...? See how transparent those fins are...? That fish was literally only a km or so from the ocean at most, given where it was caught...and had probably just arrived in the pool on that morning tide.

That's the way we like 'em!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh your good.....very good, you got me too and after reading everything, I have decided to donate.....your plan played out perfectly my friend and good on you for all the work you are doing to hustle up donations!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
-Cheers
PK

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh your good.....very good, you got me too and after reading everything, I have decided to donate.....your plan played out perfectly my friend and good on you for all the work you are doing to hustle up donations!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
-Cheers
PK
LoL...;) Thanks PK!

The fact of the matter is, it is all true...that fish was caught within 1 km of the ocean, it had probably just come in on the morning tide, I mean, look at that thing, it is pristine!!! Not a mark on it! Those fins are completely see through...it had barely remembered what it was to swim in freshwater.

That is the kind of fish that, even though it isn't big, it sticks out just because it was untouched and perfect in every way...!

Here's a repost of the link to the story at Flyfishbc...

"First Winter Run Steelhead of the Season!!!!"

...and a better, clearer pic of the fish, look at it, it's beautiful!!!
(read the story...more pics!)

·
Registered
122 Posts
LOL...kinda.

just like those rick assley vid on you tube. you know the ones where you think you're watching something good then all the sudden the never gonna give you up video starts....

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
One healthy fish there Ribby the excitement never wears off just thinking of it brings back happy memories...:)

Cheers Marko

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
One healthy fish there Ribby the excitement never wears off just thinking of it brings back happy memories...:)
Huh...? Whadda ya mean memories...? You're the one who took the pic, and it was only just a little over 2 weeks ago @! :eek:

Beauty fish brother! What kind of fly did you get it on? Were you running a sinking line?
Why, funny you should ask my good man, I was using a floating line, on an upstream cast, dead drifting a tiny little #16 sedge pattern, anyone who does it any other way does not deserve to catch a fish...;););)

The members will have to click on the link to see the rest. :D

But seriously now, thanks to everyone for tolerating my trickery, and many, many more thanks to everyone who donates time and/or money to causes like these, it may seem thankless, but it is not.

You who put in endless hours of hard work volunteering whenever you can, have the thanks of many serious anglers in BC, and that most definitely includes my appreciation and respect.

The least we can do in return is donate some cash.

Cheers to you. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.