BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday (jan 27) And found myself near the top of the ched. Vis was good... a little too good for my liking, so we decided to head down. Arrived at "Gravel Chunk Run" To find others already there. So go down to the run under them, fished it with a jenson/wool combo but the water was a bit too dirty at around 1-1.5 feet vis. So as i look up the people at "Gravel Chunk Run" leave so i tell me dad we should head up there. As were walkin up a see a worm underwater and totally forgot about worms, So i tossed a worm a worm into the run and its perfectly drifting down along the ripples. As it gets towards the tailout the drennan goes for a dive. I set the hook to feel tension on the other side, but soon comes slack. So i leave that little spot for awhile and start driftin inside the riffles. Its now been a little while since I got that hookup in that spot earlier. So I drift my worm down into the slot. And im thinkin to myself "around here" then there it goes. Float and. Set the hook and STEELIE ON!!! The steelhead straight away takes off down the tailout. I signal to my dad I got one on and he comes runnin down. So im still fightin the steelie and notice a nice ridge that goes into a 'no current' pool. So i take the beaty into the pool to land it later. Bein around a 10 pound wild doe. I will post a picture later. :D But for now I got a smile on my face, Landed my first ever STEELHEAD!! woooot

Here she is

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: First steelie

Thanks fella's
I never woulda thought a worm that big would catch one. But all things are possible :p

EDIT** Does anyone know how to post a picture. Or can someone do it for me? I'll email it to them in PM

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: First steelie

Ahhh the PW (Pink worm). Love em.
Congrats on your first steelie. Problem now is that you will find yourself drooling everytime you see potential steelie holding water. :eek:
Welcome to the club. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.