BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been away from this sport for way to many years :( was thinking id like to get out there! i have a 5 year old that i think would love to go fishing with dad ,wheres a better place too take them? stave , the fraser? out to the vedder? since i havent been out in awhile whats a good lure settup to get some good action ? thanks darin

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
the Stave and Harrison are both great rivers to lure fish

the Vedder can be difficult if you have lots of drift fisherman around

FRaser is good for lures especially now the pinks are coming

if you want a good idea would be to pick up a 10.6 foot with a level wind for drift fishing its easily the best setup for fall fishing

HOOK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i think ill just head down to the store and grab some stuff and head out with the boy, hope they know what there talking about lol
and head out to harrison cause it faily close

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Coop, you might also consider taking the boy to one of the local lakes that are stocked. At this time of year the fishing is not hot on the rivers, especially for a youngster...it's often best when the taking a child fishing, to get them into decent numbers of fish so that they don't lose interest...

The pinks should be in thick soon, if you are going to choose that option, make sure they're there when you take the boy...

Good luck, welcome to the forum...

rib

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Well, lets try and put you into some fish with the least amount of spending and the most amount of action for you and the kid...

First a couple questions,

What kind of gear do you have, ie: rods and reels, tackle...are you starting from scratch...?

Also, you live in mission, what lakes do you know of in your general viscinity...?

We'll start there and try and get you going in the right direction...

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Rolley can be extremely tough to fish even for fly fisherman

i see most people fishing powerbait from the shore but right now you will have too many people swimming there for that i bet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
amazing day with my son , taken back by it all ,amazing what a fishing rod can do ;D im hooked again and looking foward too being out there again with him ,thanks for the help .dARIN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
after driving to chiliwack to wait for friends that decided not to show we headed back to mission and stopped under the mission bridge on the fraser,he was just happy to be casting his rod. Our next trip will be somewhere he can get into some fish, till then dads doin research lol

thanks darin

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a six year old and a eleven year old and for some afternoon fun I take them under the Mission bridge with just their spinning rods single hook with a dew worm. They absolutly have a bast catching corse fish the odd trout and even a jack once in awhile. It useally does't take long for them to catch something. :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.