BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello BC Angler,

Just signed up as a new member of BCFR. Great site and serious anglers and sportsman. Nice change from others - a guy gets tired of the "crabs" jokes.

Just moved to Kelowna and going to take a 14 day sailing trip to Desolation Sound. I lived for 8 years in Alaska and loved the fishing but hear BC is better. I'm determined to find out!

I'm headed out of Ladysmith on the 20th of August and going to head up the Sunshine Coast and then return on the east coast of the island. Looking for ANY guidance on where to and how to on fishing the Strait and coastlines. Also, any must see sites or advice on where to "pick up" a dinner of prawns, crabs or mussels would be great too.

From the sounds of it, I better get digging into the regs.

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help!:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Look into Chatterbox Falls. One of my fav spots. I believe you head up Jervis inlet towards Princess Louisa. Just be aware of the tide, you will want to go through the entrance to the falls at slack. I think that was called malibu rapids? A summer camp is located right at the entrance called camp malibu. Need to bring all your food with you. You are on your own. Great place to spend one night of your trip. A large dock and forestry camp sites are at the base of the falls. I have done a lot of trips way up the sunshine coast. I remember a harbour that you could go to shore and then hike into a lake. When I think of the name I will let you know.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
S&F......there is a fair bit of info in the following thread if you read through it. Pick up a "Cruising" book about Desolation/Discovery Islands.....lots of great spots to see and anchor. Fishing isn't great by any means in Desolation Sound itself. Prawning.....lots of good areas. Rockfish Conservation Areas.....lots of them through the entire area so be sure to check the regs.

Have a look at the thread and if you have more questions; fire away......I have been up there many, many times.

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forums/threads/16207-Where-to-WCVI/page2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts