BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the two hander for some r&r and hit the vedder hoping to hook up with something substantial. Spent some time walking and exploring to get away from the crowds and get to know the river a bit. Found lots of nice water away from the gong shows and hooked into three springs and what I think was a coho. all came unbuttoned except one. I tried a lot of different flies mostly small patterns due to the water conditions but no love... so tied on a black egg sucking leech which got all the action dead drifted under and indicator. Great battle and all round enjoyable day on the river.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha sorry I need to make an edit after reading though another post...I hooked into 3 chinooks. ;) . I weighed the spring er i mean chinook. any guesses?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
That spring..........errr.....uhhh........Chinook or "fall".....I am guessin' high-mid 20's ?? Kinda tough to tell with the angle of the pic and not seeing a straight side shot of the girth.

Also very dependent on whether you are 5'4" or 6'7"....ha ha. :p

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ha ha.....that IS a bit different!! You should have just kept the first pic up and called it a 30!!

I would maybe give it 15-16ish..give or take a pound or two?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you know what i have decided to change my fish story...the first fish was 30+ and jumped across the train bridge then proceeded to peel 600 yards of backing off my line as i chased it up river to the hatchery it then spawned, turned into steelhead headed back to the canal jumped back through the train bridge and I finally got it to hand at which point it turned back into a chinook, looked at me shook my hand and congratulated me for an excellent battle. The second fish is just a runt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts