BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Do a search for Taimen in Youtube and you'll get a number of vids show up there as well. (None comparable to DVD quality of course)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
any of you ever seen that fishing show with the woman fly fisher :thumbup: one of her shows was fishing for these and she got a 5footer at the end of the show :thumbup: spectacular. could you imagine catching a trout that reaches 100lb's +

I think the show was called What A Catch

fishing for these is my dream trip for fishing :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The adventure that goes along with the fishing is often overlooked.....We just see the results of thousands of man hrs. in setup,packing,unpacking ,setting up camp, transportation, bugs, snakes and other crawlies investing the food supplies, unfriendly border people, piles of paperwork and organizing.......Ahhh but the results!!. ;D.....It will only happen to those with the $$$$ to pull it off........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
fishortho said:
The adventure that goes along with the fishing is often overlooked.....We just see the results of thousands of man hrs. in setup,packing,unpacking ,setting up camp, transportation, bugs, snakes and other crawlies investing the food supplies, unfriendly border people, piles of paperwork and organizing.......Ahhh but the results!!. ;D.....It will only happen to those with the $$$$ to pull it off........Ortho 8)
Or it will also only happen to those that have the sponsors to help fund the $$$$ so they can pull it off. ;D

Finder :cheers:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love an adventure, and aspire to do trips in the same fashion as the boys from AEG. But lately I've been rediscovering how cool it is just to walk around the local waters with a fly box in your pocket, and be happy with anything that bites your hook. I'm highly entertained whether I'm fooling a 3 lb. bow to take my dry fly, a 10 lb. wild coho on my 6wt, or a 10" squawker out of a ditch somewhere. The thrill is in the hunt. But Ribwart's right. These guys have it better than the average angler. It wasn't a fluke though. These guys work extremely hard at what they do. Not only do they fish harder than anybody, but they capture it for all to see in a way that is both unique and breathtaking. Just remember that we are all still truly blessed here in B.C. Many folks, from around the world, pay good money to to fish water here that many of us complain about being overcrowded, or overrated..... But then again, we don't have any Taimen waters! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
True we don't have Taimen waters, but we have Steelhead. ;D Your right though T.C., we still have it good in the majority of the areas in B.C.. Once in a while we're blessed enough to have one of those trips of a life time, that people will pay big $$$ for to experience once. That's pretty lucky in my books. I also agree, those boys despite all the efforts put in still have it pretty good. 8) Hope to see you up in the high country this spring.

Finder ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
ribwart said:
Those guys have it good...Man! would I ever love to do trips like those.... Will be adding this one to the other two this spring, for sure!
The skinny young guy in the second video is from b'ham, used to work at H&H and stole the purdiest gurl that worked there, both are in Oregon now...he guides in alaska in the summer and in the fall down in Or. He said he had to live in a closet and work his a$$ off to get the money for the trip in NZ. Great guys all and they will all be up in B'ham first week of April for a film tour with all their latest...Drop me a pm if your interested in seeing it and meeting them...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.