BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Thanks Kisinana, didn't catch that on the news..

It is very saddening to see that despite clear scientific data, and numerous studies commissioned by the government and others, that our representatives cannot "govern" as they are expected to. In my opinion, however optimistic and unrealistic it might be, our government should be there to do what is right, for everyone. The typical fallibilty that we all suffer from as human beings seems to be an uncontrollable and single minded need to pursue our own agenda's, desires and aspirations, regardless and oblivious of the repercussions to others.

Our government should be responsible for making sure that no one factions needs superceeds or comprimises those of other interest groups. Obviously this is not the case here. regardless of the double standard you mentioned in the last 15 secs, ultimately the government, not foreign business, should be responsible for ensuring unbiased and well informed decisions are made.

Unfortunately, it is obvious, that with most people, including ourselves, it is nearly impossible to expect someone to see the bigger picture, without the influential cloud of ambition or aspiration. Our government is no exception, in fact it seems it is the poster child example of how a lack of scope and a lack of consideration can truly cause a great harm that none of us can do anything about.

Frustration spreads it's roots much deeper than the person in front of you that can't drive or the bank branch red tape that delays doing what you want with your own money. The institution that is our government is no exception. It leads by example in allowing instances such as these to go uncorrected.

I had heard these studies were being done. I had felt optimism in their commision. Now I am just disheartened. It is no wonder cynicism is so commonplace in our world.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Ooooops, sorry Kisinana...guess that last post was a bit of a thread killer, huh? LoL... ;D I was in dire straits there after watching that clip...not impressed in the least...must've hit a nerve somehow. Thanks for posting it though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.