BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the tackle stores are just receiving the new Rhys Davis "Anchovy Bulletroll special" heads in both rigged, 3/pk and bulk. The new lure has the following key features, 30% larger cavity for easy fit of bigger baits, pre drilled for wire rigging,redesigned bait locking holes to fit all styles of pins and toothpicks,heavier construction and redesigned fin for consistent bullet roll action. Works well with baits longer than 5 3/4" including herring. It's available in 16 of the best colors. Just thought the bait fishing guys might be a liitle interested in this since the season is basically upon us.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
the tackle stores are just receiving the new Rhys Davis "Anchovy Bulletroll special" heads in both rigged, 3/pk and bulk. The new lure has the following key features, 30% larger cavity for easy fit of bigger baits, pre drilled for wire rigging,redesigned bait locking holes to fit all styles of pins and toothpicks,heavier construction and redesigned fin for consistent bullet roll action. Works well with baits longer than 5 3/4" including herring. It's available in 16 of the best colors. Just thought the bait fishing guys might be a liitle interested in this since the season is basically upon us.
These will be great for the blue and purple sized herring. I'll be getting some of these.

Thanks for the heads up, RLN :cheers:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for the info rln.

I couldn't find any pics of these new heads on the net. If anyone spots these in stock at local shops around the lower mainland please post where they are available.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nikka had some when I was there a week ago...Berry's had a better selection in stock. Basically...they work well..and it's impossible to screw up a piece of bait....a nice perfect roll each time without helicopters...especially good for the newbs. However, the old ones work fine...but it is an improvement. I wouldn't make a special trip there for teaser heads tho..unless you have none!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks FM.

I have way more heads than I'll ever use, but I like to try new stuff as well. I often order stuff from the states that is new and not available here. I have found some new gear that way that worked quite well. I guess I just like to experiment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tried the new heads last weekend at the hump off Cape Mudge and we did extremely well tubbing out for two guys in three hours. Granted these were all we used so we didn't try to see if anything else was working but we saw very little action in the other boats so I will definitely buy some more.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Bruce

I normally run Crippled Anchovy Glows, I'll give these guys a try, give me an email on bulk price...

Bret

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Bruce

I normally run Crippled Anchovy Glows, I'll give these guys a try, give me an email on bulk price...

Bret
Bret, I picked up a couple of packages of three unassembled teaser heads, at Gone Fishing in Nanaimo and they were 9.95 a pack. I have been fishing the glow all week because the weather has been very overcast but I also have the UV for the better weather if it gets here.
Rhys Davis has come out with a new 4 pak of teaser heads that has an interesting dark purple that I am going to have to try.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
What is a "teaser head"?? :peace:

I may grab some if I am out at the Richmond "locales"........as FM stated; not makin' a special trip.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bret, I picked up a couple of packages of three unassembled teaser heads, at Gone Fishing in Nanaimo and they were 9.95 a pack. I have been fishing the glow all week because the weather has been very overcast but I also have the UV for the better weather if it gets here.
Rhys Davis has come out with a new 4 pak of teaser heads that has an interesting dark purple that I am going to have to try.
I picked up 2 packs of the "unrigged Purple Haze" for$4.99 each and 1 of the "Glow Bloodynose" for $7.99 at Gone Fishing here in Courtenay(20% off all day today SWEET)....I like the idea of NOT having to drill the holes for the wire.."smart move Gary"

What is a "teaser head"??

I may grab some if I am out at the Richmond "locales"........as FM stated; not makin' a special trip.
Hey Pippen, you joking?? :)...."teaser heads" are used for rigging/trolling bait, mostly used for anchovie's but also herring....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey Pippen, you joking?? :)...."teaser heads" are used for rigging/trolling bait, mostly used for anchovie's but also herring....
Note pippen's smiley face, it's smokin a fatty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts