BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going with a buddy up to his place on Galiano island.

Any pointers on which places may have a good chance of catching salmon and the types of rigs which have proven successful around there?

otherwise we would be fishing blind....I think he does have a downrigger and also some mooching rods,

thanks

· Registered
37 Posts
used to live in victoria, fished out by galiano a couple of times... had good luck with both hootchies and spoons. green seeming to be the best color. anywhere along the steep rock shorlines produced. try different depths until you find the fish! had some from 100+ feet, some at 40 feet! flood tide always a little better than the ebb. if huge currents, then try to tuck in to little bays etc, get in to the back eddies and such. good luck.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well,

I definetly gave it a go but we didnt set up the downrigger...and used mooching rods instead
well, we didnt end up getting any hits and the currents were huge but it was still great to get out

maybe next time we will set the downrigger

thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.