BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I am just starting a residency at Royal Roads, and I'm looking for info on fishing in the area. The lagoon looks crabby, and there are probably fish on the outside. I'm planning on taking my dinghie out, to fish over lunch break. If you guys can help me reduce the searching time and maximize the fishing time that would be great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ambler,

Sorry not to have responded sooner.

If you are shore fishing for salmon now is the time. Try casting buzz bombs at the breakwater at Ogden Point (at the entrance to Victoria harbour) or the rocks at Beechey Head out at East Sooke. I was out at Beechy Head on the weekend and saw several folks casting buzz bombs from the rocks. I didn't see any being caught but it really isn't a stretch to think that they did very well. As for us out in a boat we caught 14 pinks, 2 springs (16 salmon aggregate for 4 people) and 2 lings, so the fish are there now.

Best of luck to you!

Gneissone

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never did get a chance to fish around RRU while I was there. Way too buisy. I fished Ogden Point for a few hours on Saturday, but nothing interesting to report. Dog fish is all I caught. Might be heading up to Campbell River later in the week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.