BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I absolutely love fishing for the browns and brookies on the island, but I have only fished the more common areas on the island. I have a full week off at the beginning of July, and I am looking for an adventure. I would like find a place to fish browns or maybe brookies that involves a pretty good hike. The girlfriend and I recently purchased packrafts, so that could be an option also, and are really looking for a lake or river that we can hike a long way into and target these species for a few days. Would anyone be good enough to offer a few suggestions and perhaps PM me with a few ideas. We are C&R only and really enjoy the challenge of getting good underwater film of catches and fighting the fish.

Cheers,

· Banned
2,854 Posts
hey Fishfanatic

post this on our sister site. there is a guy there that does guided trips into the wilderness on the island, if he sees your post quick enough hey might point you towards some spots :thumbup: I cant remember his username at the moment though :confused: If you have already posted there then just ignore me :happy:

I also sent you a PM :beerchug:

· Registered
52 Posts
hey there, not too sure if there are browns or brookies up here, but 'father and son' lake is apparently a bit of a hike in, off the beaten track and is a good fishing lake. i'm thinking its up in the stathcona area.
Gman

· Registered
452 Posts
fishwizard.com will tell you what species are in what lakes in BC. It is my go-to site for stocking info and depth charts. I then get other details off of google earth.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'll look into father and son lake. We are definitely looking for a good hike. I haven't used Fish Wizard for a while now, but I'll see if I can locate any lakes/streams with browns in them!

Cheers,

· Registered
452 Posts
Make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off on your browser. If that isn't the problem,
(and you will NEVER hear me say this normally but...) try using internet Explorer instead of Firefox - The site is supposed to be platform/browser independent but I often get mixed results with different browsers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.