BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Didn't realize Chilliwack lake has Lakers. I know of huge Dollies, Rainbows, Cutthroat, Kokanee, some course fish of various types. But no Lakers that I know of

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mistake I was reading the thread about Lakers in Alouette before I posted. I really just want to know is how productive the lake is, and how most people fish. ie trolling plugs Wedding bands ect

·
Registered
105 Posts
Chilliwack lake is a big beautiful lake with many challanging fishing opportunities, the big hang up here is you don't have access to the boat launch Nov thru to mid may. There is no where to launch if the gate is locked and I mean NO WHERE! I have 4X4ed my boat and trailer all the way to the end a few times and never got the hull wet. I have had good results at both ends from the boat. This is a long deep lake and the wind allways comes up in the afternoon, which makes for a long trip back to the launch in a 12 footer. You also have to be on your toes when fisshing by the out fall, as the current is very strong !

·
Registered
88 Posts
Chilliwack lake can be a challenge,I have done well getting kokanee on small willow leaf, rubber snubber( soft mouths),10 inch leader,and green or red wedding band with small piece of worm or maggot.Usually I put a 1/2 oz. keel sinker in front of all this .I Start trolling slowly over by the outflow and go up the lake past 2or 3 creeks and work my way back .All the time zig zagging.I have had some success anchoring a safe distance from the outflow and jigging buzzbombs for dollies.If you have downriggers and salt water salmon gear some people use these and go deep for big dollies (200feet sometimes).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.