BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to admit I dont know who exactly organized it, or if any bcfr members took part in it, but yesterday there was a fishing derby on the Okanagan lake which I, along with my stepdad and a friend took part in. We started at 8 sharp from Summerland. Besides stopping in Westbank to pay fees, we fished right until 4. Our boat only brought in 2 fish, both around 2 lbs or so. The weather people were wrong which defidently worked in our favour! It was windy at times with 3-5 foot swells but we didnt feel a drop of rain.
I really just wanted to say thank you to all that organized this event. We have a beautiful lake, great fishing opportunities, and I think, a lot of people who enjoy a good ol derby. If there is anything you need help with in the future as far as organizing an event, getting the word out, collecting money/paperwork etc. let me know as I would love to help. Thanks again :thumbup:

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
There were probably quite a few folks involved but Lyman Lures was the key player. Great local company that produces a great product for fresh and the salt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree, Lymans are great and I have a nice collection while proudly supporting a local business!
Pink/white #2 for Kokanee on Wood and #4 black/glitter for the big lake. They are my go-to's

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
18 pounds. Most of the fish caught at the derby were 2-6 pounds but these fish are not stocked and are as close to wild as you can get. Too bad the lake is so big as finding them takes many hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts