BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, last year I tried fishing the mouth of the the River of Golden Dreams where it empties into Green Lake. There is a huge color difference - the lake's green water mixing with the clear water of the river. I had no luck until my son happened to come by with mom and he found a woolly worm fly on the shore near by. I put is on just for fun and hooked 4 nice ones over the next couple of hours. :thumbup: Each take was as the fly entered the darker water on a drift. Unfortunately the fun ended when I got broken off.

I was wondering has anyone else fished here? If so what works for you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have only been upto Green Lake once, but heard from the locals that it's a tough lake to fish. I found that to be true and got skunked...went over to Watch Lake and had some better luck. Green Lake was sure beautiful though. I heard if you are lucky enough to get one in Green..it can be decent size.

·
Registered
578 Posts
100 years ago the owner of the long gone Rainbow Lodge wrote two books about and romanticized the fishery in the River of Golden Dreams. The Woolyworm has been around long enough that it may have been his goto fly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.