BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just question to discuss... I'm fishing for years and I'm pretty happy to spend some time outside just have relaxing time, beer drinking and watching my rod.... I never keep fish except it can't survive (swalowed hook for example). But what I see in the past years is not real fishing. Shoulder to shoulder fishing when is salmon run, people are keeping spawning fish hooked in their tail, specially (edited) go home with "anything what is still moving". Doesn't matter if they hook "rotten" Chum on Stave. Where is the respect to nature? People just buy license, some of them don't care and don't have any. And don't recognize wild/hatchery fish. They don't know limit.. It is not real fishing. In the future we will be just drinking beer, no reason to watch rod. No fish at all...

(edited for content)

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
I see the same things you do every year. these are the people the buy a licence for MEAT ONLY and dont care or know the regulations. I try to educate as many that will actually listen (arent many) and i think swimming in the river is good for the rest of them :thumbup: :happy:

I remember a few years back fishing at Chehalis near the hatchery this (edited) fellow came over stepped into the spawning channel and grabbed a pretty scary looking chum by its tail, he then turned to me and my dad and asked if he could keep it. I just looked at him in disgust and said "if you really wanna eat that dead fish go ahead" :happy: It wasnt the proper response i know but after what i had witnessed already that day i just couldnt muscle the strength to explain anymore :'(

(edited for content)

·
Retired staff
6,673 Posts
frankie67 said:
(edited) in two minutes? It is so strict here? No bad words used, maybe just not politicaly correct... Sorry, it is not discussion forum to exchange fishing information.
What can I say? I guess we're on top of things so well here that we catch things right away... ;) :thumbup:

If you have any questions frankie67, please feel free to address them by replying to the pm you were sent.

Thank you,

ribwart

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
frankie67 said:
(edited) in two minutes? It is so strict here? No bad words used, maybe just not politicaly correct... Sorry, it is not discussion forum to exchange fishing information.
I'd say it's a great forum to discuss fishing info. If you need to discuss it using banned words, then you're right...it's not the place for you.

·
Retired staff
6,673 Posts
11th Warrior said:
I'd say it's a great forum to discuss fishing info. If you need to discuss it using banned words, then you're right...it's not the place for you.
Perhaps discussing the issue in a "constructive" rather than "destructive" manner would be a more appropriate way of putting it 11th warrior... "Banned words" don't really put the finger on the reasons for the edit.

I am sure that the member who started this thread will come to understand the difference in time, and we would rather he be encouraged to stay than told it's not the right place for him. I am sure he is a knowledgeable angler and has much to offer the site. It is just the rules of conduct he needed to familiarize himself with.

Let's give him the opportunity to figure those out,

thx,

rib

·
Registered
170 Posts
It really does amaze me at some of the attitude of the people on the river. I seen some people kill some really ugly fish. One day a few years ago I was talking to this gent that was camping out at the tamihi with his wife. He complained how poor the fishing was so far during his trip. He has killed a couple of cohos so far but they weren`t very clean. He then told me that he hasn`t decided wether he would keep them or not. I wonder he if was figuring if he could stuff the fishe`s guts back in and revive the fish so it could spawn.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think its our responsibility as anglers to police ourselves.... if you see something thats not right you need to say something to those that floss, snag, abuse wild fish, ect. It might not be comfortable but at least itll make the goof that is abusing the river feel uncomfortable himself and maybe think twice next time. Im not saying be looking for a fight just stand up and say something instead of bitching about it a day or so later when itll have no impact at all.... we all need to play an active roll in policing our rivers shaking your head and walking away just doesnt cut it anymore.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
patagonia said:
I think its our responsibility as anglers to police ourselves.... if you see something thats not right you need to say something to those that floss, snag, abuse wild fish, ect. It might not be comfortable but at least itll make the goof that is abusing the river feel uncomfortable himself and maybe think twice next time. Im not saying be looking for a fight just stand up and say something instead of bitching about it a day or so later when itll have no impact at all.... we all need to play an active roll in policing our rivers shaking your head and walking away just doesnt cut it anymore.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :peace:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.