BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to fishing and would like to fish in the Thompson river in the Kamloops area (no boat) I am wondering where are the best spots and what equipment I should use

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you like to float roe head below Spences Bridge in the canyon for jack springs. Watch and learn from others. Size 1 hook with a dime size of roe works great. Should be good for the next few weeks till it closes. You'll see lots of people at Steelhead Prov Park flossing sockeye along the one beach. Lots of river with only a few spots heavily fished. I've always wanted to spend more time working the rest of the river as there has to be other great fishing holes with so much meandering river. Get out and give it try and if you hit the busy spots it helps build confidence and learn what to use. Just take the regs with you as it gets complicated. Bait only below Martel (I'm not clear exactly where Martel is), three closure area's but not likely get to them anyways to fish but should be aware of them, Adult springs and sockeye upriver of Gold Pan Prov park only, etc. It just gets mind boggling.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Martel is about 15k north of Spences Bridge.
There is a road down to a large flat area, great run with a large back eddy.
People camp and launch boats there.
I have caught many steel head in the run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts