BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals
I need help learning to Salmon Fish in this area.

I would love to find someone who can come with me for a day or two and teach me what I am doing wrong, if we get along maybe a regular fishing buddy.

Preferably someone available during week days.

I have a 2003 Trophy 2359 in excellent condition and very seaworthy.
1 double downrigger, and some inexpensive rods and reels. (Don't think that makes a diff to catching, but maybe landing the fish)
I'd be happy to have an occasional one on the line, you can even keep what we catch.

I'm easy to get a long with, male 53 years.

Please send me a private message if interested, an preferably some evidence of your expertise, even just a few pics of Salmon you caught in local waters. (I'm not looking to take people on free fishing trps if they can't teach me)

Thanks, have a great day
Thanks folks

·
Registered
770 Posts
To the original poster, as a pro-guide, I offer you this advice, go to Pacific Angler and request a pro guide for instruction on your boat.

Not to sound like a total jerk but guides out fish the "non pros" by a relatively large margin for a number of reasons. It'll be a fantastic investment for you and return should be near instantaneous if you apply yourself....every species requires distinct techniques and tackle/bait. Fishing a 7" Herring will not catch you coho along west Van.

When most of the recreational folks are limiting themselves and a buddy on Sockeye (8 sockeye)...guides on average are limiting all 4-6 guests on board who have never played a fish. One memorable trip I nearly limited 9 guests...we went back to the dock with 38 sockeye of a possible 40 in 6 hours rod time. Never mind how many we lost. Lol.

Chinooks are another ball of wax.

just trying to be helpful....

Reactions: arrgh! and Bubba

·
Registered
150 Posts
To the original poster, as a pro-guide, I offer you this advice, go to Pacific Angler and request a pro guide for instruction on your boat.

Not to sound like a total jerk but guides out fish the "non pros" by a relatively large margin for a number of reasons. It'll be a fantastic investment for you and return should be near instantaneous if you apply yourself....every species requires distinct techniques and tackle/bait. Fishing a 7" Herring will not catch you coho along west Van.

When most of the recreational folks are limiting themselves and a buddy on Sockeye (8 sockeye)...guides on average are limiting all 4-6 guests on board who have never played a fish. One memorable trip I nearly limited 9 guests...we went back to the dock with 38 sockeye of a possible 40 in 6 hours rod time. Never mind how many we lost. Lol.

Chinooks are another ball of wax.

just trying to be helpful....
I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
It would be interesting to see how many people hook up after a guided day versus a complete noob doing it themselves. My guess would be around a month by yourself to learn what you learn in a day if you pay for the knowledge.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It would be interesting to see how many people hook up after a guided day versus a complete noob doing it themselves. My guess would be around a month by yourself to learn what you learn in a day if you pay for the knowledge.
I did just that. it quadrupled(just a guess) my hook up rate. Its the little things that helped me. Trolling speed and how to properly double stack downriggers. What baits to fish at each fishery ect. You more that pay for the guide by the amount of fuel you save trolling in the wrong spots.

Cheers

Bubba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.