BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered some of these jigs and have read up on them on bent rods website.I have heard about them for years but have never met anybody that uses them.If anybody has any tips on them they would like to share it would be grately appreciated as I am still going through the withdrawls of the vancouver island bait ban and looking for a little variety from your basic corky.gooey bob.wool ect.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Posted by Eddy few days a go:

"Fishing jigs under a float
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 07:58:09 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to Ironhead's web page: http://www.bentrods.ca/ Methods of fishing are explained at that site.
He makes them, he uses them and he catches them, the fish that is".

Cheers

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just got a book for christmas, its called "Jig Fishing for Salmon and Steelhead" by Dave Vedder. It is a really descriptive book. That along with Ironheads website should give you a lot of good information.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I've never tried them for steel, but I've caught Chum, Coho, Pinks, and Springs on my own jigs its just insane! They inhale them, remember when in doubt, give the rod a little up and down motion to give the jig that little bit of action, its nuts....I cannot wait to see steelhead inhale them too! No matter what species your targeting with jigs, hold on to that rod tight, as man they hit hard...I have had some cases where they hooked themselves....

Tight Lines and Good Luck
-----------------------------l----Mike >"))))))))><

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried jigs on the stamp yesterday for the first time.Fished them under a float the same as any other gear.but got badly outfished by my partner using corky and wool had to go back to my regular gear to get a few fish .Anybody have any tips on what i need to do different with the jigs.I tried four different colour combos but nothing on them he hit seven fish in one pool standing right beside me. ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.