BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that I will probably be spending the weekend in Sorrento. I want to do as much fly fishing as possible but am not all that familliar with the area. I'd really like to fly fish the Adams River. My map books don't say a whole lot about it but they do say that it's "easier looked at than fished." Is this due to poor access? I do not have boat. Would I need one to fish this river?
Any info on this system would be great as well as suggestions where else to fly fish from shore.

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
The Adams is best left to boats. There are a huge number of nice lakes out there to fish. The nearest decent one to Sorrento is probably White Lake (early morning, the rainbows could be spotted in 3-4' of water gulping gomphus near the bottom on the shoals that are fishable from shore) but there are dozens around there to check out - many of which have boat rental options including White. Fishwizard.com and google earth are your friends when trying to find them. Good luck and have fun! :cheers:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Japander. White lake sounds like it's worth checking out. I'd really like to fish streams if possible though. Perhaps I'll have to consider getting a guide for the Adams.
japander said:
Fishwizard.com and google earth are your friends
I know this but neither work on my haggard old computer. :(

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
This is not the 'best' time of year for the Adams or for any other streams in this area. The ones you will find hold a lot of very small rainbow that will come quick to the fly. If you can spare the money and you want a good tour of the Adams River then by all means go for it and hire a guide. The guide will probably be from the local First Nations folks as this is their land. You can fly fish from shore at the rivers mouth, although this is best in the spring when the rainbows are chasing salmon fry or in the Fall when they are hitting salmon eggs. If you are really sold on a river, check the regs. The Shuswap River might be another alternative albeit a ways away! Good luck!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is nyone familiar with Sorrento? The place I will be staying at is called Deer Ridge I think.
Anyway last time I was there (can't remember what time of year it was) I went basically right across the road to the beach and saw huge fish surfacing pretty close to shore. I'd like to know what this body of water is so I can check the regs. Is this part of Shushwap Lake?
My little sister will also be going up there with my parents and I'd love to get her into some fish if possible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
white lake or the MUCH smaller Harold (sp?) lake is your best bets. Harold lake (northish of white lake) is a good fly fishing lake... white lake is better trolled

·
Registered
452 Posts
There is a lake about 10 minutes past the provincial park part of White (north-east) called Herman. Access was blocked when I tried to get up there two weeks ago. On my way up, I came across an older fellow who said that a bunch of rocks and gravel had been piled up and a ditch dug across to block access so I turned around and headed back to White.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.