BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board and am not a fisherman. My 11 year old son often goes to Pitt Lake with his mom and loves to fish off the dock by our cabin or at the mouth of Debeck creek. I plan to buy him a new rod and reel for his birthday in a few days. Can you give me some suggestion on the type of lures to buy him. He will be casting from shore. Any help would be appreciated. I also live near Metrotown. Where is a good fishing store to go to besides Canadian Tire or Walmart?
Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm not sure which is closer either Sea-run tackle on austin I think or Pacific Anglers downtown. I'm not sure if there would be any other good stores closer. Either of these have some great staff and can help you get into what you need. You could jump out to Berry's in Richmond also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hunting Dad said:
I am new to this board and am not a fisherman. My 11 year old son often goes to Pitt Lake with his mom and loves to fish off the dock by our cabin or at the mouth of Debeck creek. I plan to buy him a new rod and reel for his birthday in a few days. Can you give me some suggestion on the type of lures to buy him. He will be casting from shore. Any help would be appreciated. I also live near Metrotown. Where is a good fishing store to go to besides Canadian Tire or Walmart?
Thanks.
Go to Bobs on Hastings in North BBY. The two guys there are just the best for giving advice on new gear for biginers. In my case I started having an intrest in fly fishing a few years back. Well I went there having no clue on what to buy. So they sold me a $70 rod/reel combo and I have caught more fish on that thing then I ever have all my life. Goes to show you there not looking to sell you expensive stuff. Try google'n Bobs Fishing Store or something like that for their address and phone number. Sorry dont have time right now to do it myself.... gotta go to work. :'(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts